Sunday, April 5, 2009

RECIPES FOR MY FRIENDS

Hello Friends!
This blog is essentially, for you. :)
I decided I'd get started right away with creating this blog, so that you can enjoy your kitchens and home made family dinners. (I sound like my grandma...)
Really quickly, I just want to tell you my experience with my kitchen.
When I first moved in with Cameron, we ate out a lot and had frozen, pre made dinners quite frequently. I didn't know anything about cooking. I could barely boil pasta. But, money was tight, and we had Michael and Madison full time, so I had a full time family of five to feed. I found that making things from scratch, or almost scratch was a lot more cost effective than any other option we had tried.
I started with recipes I knew I liked when I was growing up. I asked my mom and grandma for recipes, and tried those.
Then I started watching the Rachael Ray show in the mornings. She made things look really easy, so I picked and chose recipes I thought the kids would like, and found quite a few keepers.
Now, I'm really confident in my kitchen and love to try new things. It's also a huge stress relief for me. (Something about chopping vegetables...)
So, I'm giving these recipes to you, my dear friends. All the ones I will be posting are pretty easy, and if you have any questions, we can always make it together! :)
If you are worried about introducing new things to your kids-- Don't be. Just be excited about the meal, and 9 times out of 10, your kids will be too.
The saying "happiness is homemade" really reminds me of my grandma, and I've found it's true. I believe in the family dinner, 100%. I think it makes kids secure, and gives them healthy eating habits.
So, friends, enjoy these recipes with your families.

1 comment:

  1. Dan, I am sooo happy you made a blog :) And now you need to make one of 'you' not just your recipes, Okay!? Looking forward to reading and cooking, Love you!

    ReplyDelete